San Mateo County, California
Formed in 1856, San Mateo county is located in the San Francisco Bay Area in the state of California.
The county is among 20 most affluent counties in the country, in terms of personal, per capita and household income. For the most part the county is mainly suburban with many corporate campuses.
Across the county many various habitats can be found such as, marine, oak woodland, coastal scrub and oak savannah with the abundance of wildlife species. San Mateo county is home to many endangered species such as San Francisco garter snake and the San Bruno elfin butterfly
San Mateo County Schools
There are 24 school districts within the county.
Points of interest in San Mateo County, California:- Half Moon Bay State Beach - situated in Half Moon Bay in California, a protected beach with four miles of broad, sandy beaches, perfect for sunbathing, fishing and picnicking.
- San Mateo County Memorial Park - a county park, commemorating the men of San Mateo County who died in World War I.
- Cow Palace - known as the California State Livestock Pavilion, an indoor arena in Daly City. Many popular artists performed in the Cow Palace including Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Kiss, Rolling Stones, U2 and many more.
- Notre Dame de Namur University - a private, Catholic University in Belmont and the fifth-oldest university in California.
San Mateo County Facts:
- Area - 741 sq mi
- Population - 707,161
- Median income - $80,737
- Median age of residents - 37 years old
- County seat - Redwood City
- 14 Regional Parks Districts